DCC Course EditorIn this guide, we will cover creating, editing, and updating the information in the Editor tab of the course administration tool in the Digital Coaching Center. Your progress can be saved at any time by clicking the "Save Course" button in the toolbar on the left.
Member administrators and DOCs with member admin access to the DCC
In this Guide
- Creating a course
- Creating course meetings and locations
- Creating course price packages
- Adding course staff
- Copying courses
- Other Functions
These fields outline the minimum information needed for the course. Required fields are marked with an asterisk, and each serves a specific purpose:
- Title - appears in the course list and in searches. Please do not list registration status in the title.
- Curriculum - will determine the assignments, resources, and library items that are automatically attached to this course. **Note** - this can not be changed once a candidate has registered for the course.
- Remote - only used for online courses; leave blank
- Course Status - depending on the item you select, will enable or disable functions for the course
- Scheduled - course is built but not open for registration. If Visibility is set to "Published" the course WILL appear in searches and lists.
- Registration - the course is open for and accepting registration from candidates.
- Waitlist - the course has met the limit but is still accepting registrations
- Closed Registration - the course is full and has begun; no more registrations will be accepted. **Note - anyone still on the waitlist when the course is put into this status will NOT be automatically notified. Please update them manually.
- Completed - the course is over and all assignments have been graded and evaluations completed.
- Canceled - the course will not be held.
- Visibility - depending on what you select and the course status, determines whether or not the course is visible in searches / lists. Hidden courses can accept registrations but you must share that link manually.
- Course group - leave checked
- Contact details - email only; should be set to the course administrators address
- Course details - free text that appears on the course details tab in the course classroom view. Any text copied into this field will have formatting removed automatically.
These fields control the availability of registration for your course, as well as limits, disclaimers, and policies. **Note - course start and end dates are now determined by the Course Meetings.
- Start Registration - the date registration will open for this course
- End Registration - the date registration will end for this course. This date should not be after the start date of the first meeting.
- Candidate Limit - the maximum number of candidates who will be allowed to register. When this limit is reached, additional registrations will automatically be added to the Waitlist.
- Shirt size - deprecated but can still be used
- Course disclaimer / Require Acceptance - sets the requirement and text for any disclaimer you are listing with this course.
Each meeting has a start and end date, an arrival time, and a time zone. Once the meeting has been created, a location can be added to it. Each meeting can have multiple locations in the event your classroom and field locations are not at the same address. When you create a meeting, you'll be asked to provide:
Creating Meetings and Locations
- Title - we HIGHLY recommend you name these simply "Meeting X" where X is the meeting number.
- Description - a short description of this meeting; not required
- Start Date - the date this meeting begins
- Arrival time - when on the start date the candidates should arrive
- End Date - the date this meeting ends
- Time Zone - the time zone in which this meeting is held
Meeting locations are the physical addresses where you will hold your course. You can list multiple locations, and when you create a location, you'll be asked to provide:
- Title - the name of the location; it may be beneficial to include a brief description of the purpose of this location if you have more than one (e.g. "Smallville Soccer Association - Classroom")
- Address - where on the map the candidate will find this location
- Primary location - if checked, this is the location that will be used in searches for your course (city, state, zip, etc.). **Note - only ONE location can be designated as the primary across all meetings.
Repeat the steps outlined above for the other meetings and their locations. The course start and end dates will be determined by the meeting dates. The course start date will be set to the first meeting's start date, and the course end date will be set to the last meeting's end date. When finished, click the "Course Information" button in the toolbar on the left to return to the course details page.
- Title - Simple description of the package, can contain the year and license level as reference
- Price - the dollar amount that you will charge for the course, a U.S. Soccer surcharge may be added on top of that depending on the course curriculum.
- Status - the visibility of the package; can be used if the package is adjusted after the course is created.
- Course Administrator - for the C license and above, the administrator can NOT be the lead instructor.
- Course Instructors - the users assigned here should only be listed if they will be actively participating by grading assignments and evaluating candidates.
- Video Uploader - this user will only have access to add video files recorded during field sessions for this course. Video uploaded by users with this role will NOT be able to be downloaded from the DCC, and all video will be viewable by all candidates in the course.
**Note - only users with the appropriate administrative access will be able to use these buttons. Candidates in your courses will NOT be able to see or use them.
All courses will automatically have a single meeting created that runs from the course start date to the end date. If a location existed for the course, it will be attached to that default meeting information.
Where did the course start and end dates go?!
Course start and end dates are now automatically calculated based on the meetings you add to the course. They will be displayed in the course editor as well as the classroom.
Will I need to update the meetings / locations for my existing courses?
You should verify each course you have scheduled, in registration, or pending to ensure the information is accurate. If the course does not have multiple meetings (e.g. - Grassroots In-Person courses) then you should not need to take any action. For the D and C license, you will need to do the following:
- Adjust the automatically created meeting to encompass ONLY the first meeting's dates and location(s).
- Add a second meeting and location with the appropriate dates and location(s).
What if my meeting location has changed or the information shown is not accurate?
You can update course meeting and location information at any time. There are edit buttons for both meetings and locations that will you to make the necessary changes.
Will the classroom view for my course change with these updates to the meetings / locations?
Yes. You will now see a summary section at the top of each classroom that lists the meetings, dates, and locations you have created in the course editor. Clicking a location name will take the user to the Google map of that location making it easier for them to get directions or plan travel.
Will candidates in my course be able to access the editor via the new shortcut button(s)?
No. Only users with the appropriate admin permissions will see or be able to use those buttons.